Friday, January 14, 2011

First Audition of the Year

Last week was the audition in Chicago for School of the American Ballet. It was $35, and a passport was needed. The class was a great experience. The piano player made up the music herself, which impressed me. The teacher was a nice woman who was actually teaching, not just being critical, and she was once a student of George Balanchine.
The studio was in Ballet Chicago, on the 19th floor of 17 North State Street. It overlooked a beautiful portion of the city.
At first I was intimidated in the warm-up. A lot of girls looked very professional and much more flexible than I was. But when the class started, there wasn't as much pressure as I had been expecting. I found that I was able to relax. Also, my technique turned out to be a lot better than over half the girls.
I also auditioned with a handful of my friends, so there were friendly faces. I strongly recommend auditioning with others. If you go alone, introduce yourself to someone. I met someone who was also trying out for the first time.
I find out in two weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Go Erin!!!!!!!!!!! Haha you better not quit writing in your blog. I'll be mad. You don't want me to be mad.

    Hehe :)

    ReplyDelete